About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sugared Walnuts

P1010306After this you won’t ever think of walnuts as just another nut!    So from one nut to another here is a recipe that you will want to keep handy……….

1 1/2 cups sugar sugar

1/2 cup water

1 teaspoon corn syrup

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon cloves

2 teaspoons cinnamon

4 cups walnut halves

Cook all ingredients except nuts to a soft ball stage (235 degrees) Add nuts stirring until coated and creamy.  Pour onto a cookie sheet, separate with a fork if necessary……enjoy every mouth watering handful!  This reindeer can was made from a #10 can!  I love it as a gift can, but it worked really well as a holder for our sugared nuts tonight!

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Yummy! I made 2 batches-1 regular, and 1 orange. We all agree YUMMY! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Sounds yummy and I will try this one..what about the 'orange' one??

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Glad you enjoyed them. I've eaten all 4 cups by myself....no will power! How was the orange one, I haven't tried it!