About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tao Verse 10

 

To Kill a  Mockingbird quote 

Carrying body and soul a

and embracing the one,

can you avoid separation?

Can you let your body become

as supple as a newborn child’s?

In the opening and shutting of heaven’s gate,

can you play the feminine part?

Can you love your people

and govern your domain

without self-importance?

Giving birth and nourishing;

having, yet not possessing;

working, yet not taking credit;

leading without controlling or dominating.

One who heeds this power

brings the Tao to this very earth.

This is the primal virtue.

It’s a very common habit to judge others.  When we observe someone and instantly label them on the basis of some behavior or other, we move away from seeing the wholeness and totality of that person. 

All to often our ego, rather than our heart and soul, is in the drivers seat, our GPS is based on looking at the everyone, everything from “Oh, I like you/or “Boy do I dislike you” perspective.  Making judgments about others is how we defend our self. If we can make them "bad" or "wrong," then we're right or good. This dynamic is also the underlying foundation of bias and prejudice. And for many, it is characteristic of living in a world of duality – good vs. bad; right vs. wrong.

So for this weeks assignment I am trying to enjoy what I do with all that comes into my life simply for the pleasure of doing.  I will stop and take time to be free of judgments and walk an imaginary mile in other’s shoes. 

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh this is such a wonderful reminder!

I have worked for at least the past 10 years on non-judgemental behavior and I try to remind myself that it is God's job to judge..not mine :-i