About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fish Tacos


You know my proclivity of making salmon...of course you do...it is almost a weekly event. Last week we had plenty left over to make into our new favorite taco..."Fish/Salmon Tacos" Seriously, I'm thinking pretty passionate thoughts about this dish. It was simple to prepare and it got rave reviews from.....me and a few others. So today you get the recipe plain, simple, and delicious.
Cilantro Sauce
equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise (I used 1 cup of each)
handful of chopped fresh cilantro (growing nicely in my backyard)
generous sprinkle of Taco Seasoning Mix.....use what your taste buds like
Fish:
I used left over grilled Salmon(1 lb)....you can use your favorite fish. The nice thing about left overs is the cooking time. If you are using raw fish your cooking time will be about 4 - 5 minutes for fish cut into 1" pieces. You will also need to add olive oil if you are using raw fish...mine is marinated in my wonderful butter sauce....no extra oil needed! I squeezed fresh lemon over the fish and then sprinkled Taco Seasoning Mix to taste. This was heated thoroughly and the taco is ready to assemble.
Fill warmed taco shells with fish mixture and your favorite toppings.
Top your tacos with your choice of cabbage (I used broccoli slaw already chopped), green onions, tomatoes, lime juice, and cilantro sauce. Fresh lime on the side for squeezing.

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hmm..I think I may try this - Mr. B is not fond of seafood but whenever he grills his beef, he always gets me a piece of salmon!