About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, May 1, 2009

Dessert Hopping

I have so much to catch up on here.........and yes I'm going back on track Tuesday! So what the heck have I been doing for 4 weeks? Glad you asked! Hope I can remember it all! I'll do the posting not in the correct order I'm sure, but as I have the time and the will power I'm going to cover the bases! "Yeah...baseball season is here...well not Rookie league"....back to dessert hopping!

Last week we decided a Friday night out was desperately needed after all the happenings in Davis School District! So off to SLC we go! Our first stop was the Beehive Tea Room. To our delight we "CONSUMED" sugar cookies, biscotte, and hot chocolate! Then thought about having dinner! Good rule of thumb......dessert is always best!





Market Street Broiler.......dinner salads, clam chowder, fish and chips and salmon. My dinner came with Haagen Daz Strawberry Ice Cream! The hostess told us we would all get fresh strawberries, come to find out you had to be a secretary to get that little bonus! We told the waitress I was every one's secretary ....guess she thought we just wanted the berries! In the end we all shared this dish of ice cream.


Our next dessert hopping took us to THE GRAND AMERICA.....just such a nice place to sit and chat! Little did we know the LA Lakers were staying at this 5 star hotel and several of them walked through the lobby! I was in heaven (not heat!) Phil Jackson sauntered through the lobby....to which I quickly called his name! Nina asked who he was...Lyn said "Must be one of Al's friends she called him Phil" I had a very brief conversation with him about the Jazz win the night before and how Utah fans are not very amicable to Laker Fans....my daughter being one! He acknowledge the fact and strolled on to his destination...who knows where that was! We had a good laugh and continued to watch Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and Paul Gasol...make their way through the lobby! Just a little clarification....I watched...Nina had her back to the lobby and Lyn just thinks they are "Tall" guys!

Honestly we were "Not" there as groupies....we are a little old for that! Come on now! Back in the day.............we coulda, woulda, and probably shoulda!

The grounds are absolutely beautiful at Grand America. SLC is a great place to live....if you're not a Laker Fan!


Flowers adorn the Grand America...kinda "doll" the place up!


These are 2 beautiful dream girls!


I'm the crazy, impetuous, off the deep end part of the group!

We really just wanted to chat and have Bread Pudding. Which topped off our evening! The pudding was undercooked but once again enjoying food with friends is what brings pleasure to our lives. Thanks girlfriends for putting up with my moments! You are amazing friends!
Someday soon Lyn and I will try to duplicate
Grand America's Bread Pudding....we will just cook ours a little more.

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Looks like you had lots of yummy fun, food and freinds!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Whoa - looks like you had quite a time! Love that you spoke to the basketball coach! And, yes, isn't the Grand America..grand?

I've not been to the tea room - I'll have to put that on my list. You three all looked so beautiful..and happy!

Glad you had such a great time:-)