About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cabin - Progress

Julie made it to the cabin today and doesn't it look inviting?


The little cabin in the woods withstood the cold snowy winter. Beautiful, tranquil, and spiritual heaven await the many days and nights that will be spent at this lovely abode.
The canyon often brings memories of the poem of Hiawatha.......
By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,
Daughter of the Moon, Nokomis.
Dark behind it rose the forest,
Rose the black and gloomy pine-trees,
Rose the firs with cones upon them;
Bright before it beat the water,
Beat the clear and sunny water,
Beat the shining Big-Sea-Water.
At the door on summer evenings
Sat the little Hiawatha;
Heard the whispering of the pine-trees,
Heard the lapping of the waters,
Sounds of music, words of wonder;
'Minne-wawa!" said the Pine-trees,
Mudway-aushka!" said the water.
Oh I love the canyon! Can't wait to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Annette and Scott said...

BEAUTIFUL!! There's nothing like sitting in the mountains & hearing the amazing sounds of nature around me...I wish I wasn't always so busy & that I could take more time to enjoy them!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

WOW - I love the wrap-around porch! You all have done an amazing job - you'll have years of great times in that cabin, I just know!