About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eggs in Ham Cups



What a slacker.....I know it is not Tasty Tuesday, but I can't seem to get myself together! You'll love this quick and easy dish, with your own added variations.

Eggs in a Ham Cup
Ingredients:
Ham slices....about 1/16 inch-thick (You decide how thick you like your slices)
Cherry or grape tomatoes
Mozzarella cubes
Pesto
Butter or spray compartments of a metal muffin tin. Fold each ham slice into quarters, insert the point end in a buttered muffin cup, and let it open....it will have a ruffled look.
Place an egg inside each ham cup. My grand kids have made a video of this, and Brevin wanted to help put the eggs in the cups....if you crack it into another container first, (small paper cup) and then pour them into the ham cup it works really well.
Tuck 2 mozzarella cubes, tomato, and a 1/4 teaspoon pesto on the side of the egg, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. (Remember that the ham and pesto both lend saltiness to the dish.)
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the egg white looks set but the yolk is still a bit runny. Remove the ham cups from the muffin tin and serve them up! They are yummy!
The crecent roll you see in the picture is heavenly..... I'll post that recipe soon!

No comments: