About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fire

We so hope the pictures can all be cleaned.
A lone fish survived the fire and now has a new home with a new group of friends!
See those webs in the top picture.....I totally came unglued and thought the house was full of spiders! Not so said the Certified Disaster Guy....those are fire webs! They are all over the house!
I wasn't going to post anything about the fire, because Ali has already had several melt downs over this! Tears, tears, and more tears. We will forever be grateful that she was able to get out of the home and the damage was controlled, because the two of us put the fire out and then called the fire department! Not a smart thing to do, but when adrenalin kicks in you sometimes do things you probably shouldn't! SMOKE FILLED HOME IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BE!

Hopefully the cleanup will begin soon. Adjusters, Disaster Clean-up and Insurance people will be here today and tomorrow to tell us what will happen next.

4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

No words to say how sorry I am that this has happened in your life. Will talk soon to hear how it is going. If you are posting now does this mean you did not go to work?

Angie and Brian said...

I am so sorry Ali had to go through this. It is no FUN!! It is something you never forget. But all that matters is that you all are safe. Let me know if she has questions on how to deal with anything.

Annette and Scott said...

So glad to hear that Ali & you are okay!! Things can be replaced but the two of you can't!! Please let Ali know how sorry we are that this happened! Love to you both!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh my goodness! How awful - was this your home or Ali's? Sooo sorry - thank the Lord you're okay! Cyber hugs to you all ;-)