About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Decorative Platter


Some of my earliest “girlhood”…memories are of my dad coming home with a creel full of trout. Fresh trout has a very distinct smell and into our kitchen sink went the fish after each day on the river. Mom never took to the smell or fishing, but I loved it….not the smell but the adventure we had just trying to catch those smelly, slimy, tasty fish.
Dad loved to fish the stream…I was never allowed to go with him on the stream…just too dangerous! And we never worried about Dad coming in before dark! Mom never said a word about how many hours Dad was on the stream…at least not to me!
When I was allowed to go it was Strawberry Reservoir. I loved sitting in the boat with my cousins Dennis and Randy, Dad, and Uncle Wayne. What a deal for me…never had to bait a hook in my life. We had a can full of worms, I think one of my cousins wrote on the side of it, “These Worms are Guaranteed to Catch Fish or DIE TRYINIG”. I thought it was pretty funny… probably a pretty old joke even back then!
So this brings me to my post for today….I cook fish….my family loves fish! Hardly ever have a fresh trout these days…Dad doesn’t take to the stream at all…and we’re okay with him just telling us about those trips now!
Anyway ~ Salmon is our fish of choice…Jason smokes it, I cook it on cedar planks! Either way it is fabulous!
This weekend I went on a fishing trip...to the store..... for a platter to serve our fish dinners on! Found one… Hobby Lobby! When we checked out the clerk said, “What are you going to do with this?” I said….”Serve Fish”! She quickly informed me it was for decorative purposes only and not to be used for food! Said so on the back of the plate… Ahem…Don’t tell anybody I’m using it to serve fish then…sometime…not very often…I don’t follow rules! So dinner tonight was………drum roll…………Cedar Plank Salmon on a decorative only platter! Take a look!






After the salmon was all gobbled.. gulped...up, we dished up some strawberry shortcakes.


Thanks for stopping by. Wish you could have been here for dinner and dessert!




1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh me too! This looks heavenly!