About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter












Tomorrow is Easter and as a child I always loved it. I grew up with a huge backyard....best in the neighborhood....and every Easter I would gather eggs that had been hidden in the flower beds, trees, and bushes. I loved the hours we spent coloring the eggs, remember those wax crayon we used to use to write on the uncolored eggs and like magic the words appeared after the eggs were colored. When all the eggs were collected in my little basket, I'm sure we had a scrumptious Easter Dinner.
Of course the tradition of coloring eggs carried on with my own children, but cupcake decorating was added. The pictures above are from 1983 with Lynette's kids....aren't they innocent and adorable!

Enjoy the day! On Tasty Tuesday I'll share my grandma's recipe for Easter Egg Bread.

More than Easter bunnies,

And chocolate eggs galore,

Is the cross of Calvary

The sacrifice of our Lord

For Jesus is the reason,

We all can celebrate.

And come to Him to freely,

receive His love and saving Grace.

By M.S.Lowndes

Happy Easter Chicks Glittering Comments from FLMNetwork.com

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I love the flowers on your blog header. They remind me of my Grandma Wheatley. I love Easter memories. Very descirptive. I imagined your parents back yard as I was reading. Talk to you soon.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Intuitive that you should mention the flowers and my parents backyard...that is where the picture was taken early last summer. Glad you back home.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Happy lovely Utah spring Easter Sunday to you! Love the photos- Sooo telling of the era - those could have been my kids at the table- Too great!