About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, April 6, 2009

Need I Say More....Nancy is Amazing!

Tami, Nancy, Me, Marlene and Jackie

Last Saturday I dropped in on my BFF Nancy. She is an on the go girl and I haven’t seen her since her birthday in March. Thus her present has been hanging out at my house since then. I knew she was going to be home Saturday because she had planned a luncheon for her sisters. Of course, I’m not a sister, but I knew there wouldn’t be a problem if I just happened to drop by. Actually I waited until almost 1:00 because I thought lunch would be over by then…..lucky for me it wasn’t!

I don’t need to tell those of you who know her….Nancy is amazing. She can brighten up any room she walks into with her vivacious smile. She can also cook the pants off of anybody! Saturday she served Café Rio Pork and fluff salad.

She does all this while living with a huge challenge with food…she has celiac disease. Because of this she must read every label of every product she ever buys. This has not stopped her from cooking all those yummy cookies that we all love, or making fabulous tasty wedding cakes. I know it is because she has taken the diagnosis of having to live gluten free and seen it as a gift rather than a curse.

She has taken the challenge to live healthier, bigger, (not like fatter, but like BIGGER) and brighter....the way she does every day with her family: in good health and passionately in love, up to her elbows, cooking up something spectacular! You are Amazing Nancy....of Fancy Nancy to those of us who know and love you.

3 comments:

Travis and Crystal said...

AMEN!

Nancy Mc said...

Thanks Le. I am glad that you dropped by. Thanks for the birthday gift. I LOVE it!

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

That is so nice. Everything you said fits my mom perfectly. I know how much she loves you and she is so grateful for your friendship. You are both amazing (that is why you get along so well).