About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fun with Flubber












The Grand kids and I had a fun time making this amazing batch of flubber and we even had more fun playing with it. I was amazed that all that food coloring did not stain a thing! The kids played with it for hours, returned it to their air tight containers and got it out again for hours!

I got the recipe from my on line blogging friend Sandra....she is half my age and has taught me more than I could have possibly taught her! If you haven't stopped by her blog spot you need to ;) http://familycorner.blogspot.com/
Here is what I did:
Bowl #1
8 oz bottle of Elmer's glue
8 oz warm water
mix together until smooth
Bowl #2
8 oz warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons borax powder
mix until dissolved
Now slowly stir the borax solution into the glue solution....and stir, stir, stir....
really stir, stir, stir until all the water is mixed into the glue. I used a wooden spoon to do the stirring.
There you go.....flubber! It retains it shape when you put it back into any container and flops and pops...and even Farts! Oh what fun!
This should store well for about 2 to 3 weeks in an airtight container. It is harmful if eaten, so warn the kiddos over and over again about washing their hands after playing with the wonderful stuff. AND DON'T PUT IT DOWN YOUR DRAINS.....

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Looks like tons of fun. I hope you enjoyed the time with the GK. I am sure they enjoyed being with you.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Ah, that's great! I know have a new recipe for when the kiddos come over. Your Grands look like they're having a blast..great photos - and they'll remember this time for years to come - way to go Granny!!

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! I remember the flubber movies and thought how wonderful it would be to really have some flubber.