About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, March 3, 2008

Today We Celebrated Dr. Seuss Day!

We always celebrate Dr. Seuss birthday in March. This is a copy of the page we put in our portfolio this year. Each student got to wear the HAT
Smiled big because of that.


TO DR. SEUSS Theodore Geissel,
friend of my youth provider of wisdom,
laughter and truth
Yertle the Turtle,
the Cat in the Hat
The Grinch and the Lorax
and creatures like that
all taught me lessons
I'll never forget and I thank the good doc
I ain't forgotten them yet
Strangely named felines and odd colored fishes
If I ran the circus and other fun wishes
they led me to wonder about what I would be
when I got much older like a hundred and three
Would I ever like Green Eggs and Ham
Would I ever dislike that Sam I Am?
I found that the world was a funnier place
And his stories put many a smile on my face
And now I'm grown up and have kids of my own
and I read the good doc when I have them at home
and pass on the lessons I learned at his knee
though I'm not that much older just thirty and three.
A friend sent this poem to me in an e-mail...I don't know who to give credit! Some people are just so darn creative.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Thanks for this post! I am going to go read a few Dr. Suess books with my two grandsons right now. You are such an awesome teacher-all that you do for your students....their wonderful portfolios. Have a wonderful day.