About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Copper Bell Rain Chain

After the movie Nina wanted to drive by a new store Homebase. We did a track race through the place, it had some amazing ideas! The picture above was one of my favorites, so I came home did a little research here is what I found:

Copper Bells Rain Chain

Rain chains ('kusari doi' in Japanese) are hung from the corners of your roof, attached to the gutter system to guide the flow of water gently to the ground; they have been used in Japan for hundreds of years.
Years ago, people used rain chains to guide the water into large barrels to catch the water from the roof for household purposes and gardening. Rain chains are a beautiful alternative to traditional downspouts. They guide water visibly downward to the ground.
This is known as an "open" waterflow system. Rain chains also sound great! Using our gutter attachment piece, rain chains are easily installed for an efficient and beautiful waterflow system.
These exclusively designed, pure copper bell cups are breathtaking! They feature a folded lip at the top and hand hammered accents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rain barrels and rain barrel kits can be found at www.aquabarrel.com

Rain Chains said...

Its feature are amazing and gives an amazing look. thanks for sharing.
http://www.rainchainsworld.com/