About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Extra Hour of Sunlight

Time to Spring the clocks forward. What do you think? Here is my list of pros and cons. Add a few of yours if you care to comment.
Pros:
1. I know it is almost opening day for baseball.
2. It was established in 1916 for some war effort, and now it is a law, and I do follow laws and rules...but, hasn't that long since passed?
3. I know it is almost opening day for baseball.
4. Summer is coming soon.
5. Baseball spring training is here!
6. The sun is beautiful.....look at that ray of sunshine today.
7. A trip to spring training is sounding good.
8. I can actually walk without freezing my tush off!
9. Did I say it is almost opening day for baseball?
10. Only 20 days to opening day of BASEBALL!
Cons:
1. Less sleep
2. Less time to get ready for work....really!
3. Less sleep
4. It is dark in the morning.....really!
5. Less sleep
6. Giving up an hour of sleep is hard on my body.....Really!
7. DID I SAY LESS SLEEP.
8. Naturally your body wants to go to sleep when the sun goes down and wake up to it. On daylight savings time you do neither.
9. Life is always an adjustment to circumstances...why do we have to add one more?
10. I'm sure my kids (although they love to sleep) and grandkids (they never sleep) manage just fine, but I am an old lady and I kind of like the idiom: "Early to bed, early to rise, makes this girl healthy, wealthy and wise!"

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I love spring and I totally agree with you on the sleep, even just an extra hour is great :)

Nancy Mc said...

I don't know if I like DLS. I thought okay I'll walk when it is warm. It is FREEZING out there this morning. Too early in the year to change to DLS. I like that we do not change back until after Halloween-that makes sense, but why in March? Still pretty dark for kids to be getting on the school bus .

jayedee said...

i HATE daylight savings time. and just about the time i start getting used to it, it changes again! *sighs*

your grandchildren are GORGEOUS!!!
what's the song playing on the sideshow? i love it!

Nancy Mc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Mc said...

Loved the slide show of your beautiful grandchildren. Also, very much enjoyed the thoughts, pictures and music with Eckhart Tolle. Inspirational!