About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday Girls Trip

Spending time with friends is always a great way to avoid the "Winter Blues". Today was one of those lucky days in my life when I got to spend time in the company of three very close friends. These great ladies always provide me with a uplifted energy and renewed spirit.




I am very passionate about food, I am not a connoiseur in any form but I do enjoy a good meal. Fine dining would always be my choice and exactly my cup of tea. We had lunch at "The Garden Restaurant" in Salt Lake City....what a view and yes the food was fabulous. Look at those beautiful smiles. I have been blessed with some really good friends throughout my life. I am very happy to have these 3 in my life today. Where would I be without their understand hearts, gentle words of encouragement, and simply always being there.....day or night!
After lunch we saw the movie "Bonneville".....did they get the title from the Salt Flats?
We all enjoyed the experience, maybe we connected with one of the characters, or maybe it is just our age. The story is about a recently widowed Arvilla ( Jessica Lang ~ maybe Nina and LeAnn), who is accompanied by her friends Margene (maybe Nancy) and Carol (of course Lynette), on a trip from Pocatello to Santa Barbara. Arvilla takes her husband Joe's vintage Bonneville and heads towards Santa Barbara to deliver Joe's ashes to his recentful daughter, Francine. En route, however, a series of offbeat adventures leads the women on a journey that will change their lives and show them there is more than one way to keep a promise. Her friends, life-of-the-party Margene and goody-two-shoes Carol, volunteer to go with her for moral support. Expecting to fly, they're surprised when Arvilla picks them up in her '66 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, and shocked when she cruises serenely past the airport and hijacks them on a reluctant road trip that becomes the ride of their lives.
The movies theme of warm hearted friendship, self-discovery, and the memories that make life worth living is what we are all seeking.

I have been extremely lucky and truly blessed indeed to have these women in my life. Thanks girlfriends for your gift of friendship. I'll do a road trip with you any day!

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Love your pictures! It was such a fun day. Just what I needed, a day away and with friends that love and care about each other. Thank you for organizing it and getting us all together. Let's do it again soon.

Nina said...

Fun,fun,fun.
I am convinced "laughter is the best therapy." Thanks for the laughter!