About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sad–People can’t handle other’s success!

From Jason Thompson:

Our ability to succeed is largely based on how we choose to view the world. Much more so than formal education, natural ability, or athletic talent.

If we blame someone else, a horrible boss, a broken system, an absent father, an unfair God, then we lose the opportunity to take control of the chance to become more knowledgeable and a cycle is formed where there is no end to the blame.

I have, honestly like all of us have, been blessed with amazing people that have helped me, supported me, lifted me up, pushed me forward -- if you don't see these people around you, look harder.

But if you think that my success, as humble as that success has been, is because I was handed something that you weren't and not because I've worked hard for it every single day of my life, then maybe it is my fault. Maybe it's my fault for making you believe that it was easy, that I didn't get up early every weekend to work at a grocery store at 15, that I didn't immensely struggle through 6 years of college, that I didn't spend endless hours consuming knowledge while my co-workers were out partying, that I didn't take great financial risks to build what I was passionate about.

Maybe it was my fault or maybe you just find it easier to blame someone else rather than taking responsibility for your own successes and failures.


Response from mom:

I wish I could handle the changes and demands in my life with a bit more grace and acceptance like you have. You are an amazing son, love you beyond words, and know that you have worked your butt off to get where you are. Wish every day could feel like a "Happy Meal" .What other people think about you, me, or family is none of our business! You rocked this world with your successes and you should own that success. Be proud of yourself and stand tall! No one knows how hard you worked and no one has the right to judge you or me! xoxo

No comments: