About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, March 30, 2018

Good Friday

Friday, March 30, 2018

Good Friday, also called Holy Friday or Great Friday, is the Friday before Easter and the day when Christians around the world remember when Jesus died. Many churches have special services to remember the time when Jesus suffered on the cross. It is a time to pray, and to remember that Jesus loved us so much He was willing to die for us. Tonight our home was dimly lit during Good Friday dinner with candles and we left the lights low all evening in observance of the death of Christ.  Our meal was very simple fish, rice, and coleslaw.   We were also lucky enough to have guests with us for dinner. Then we shared why we are thankful for Jesus' crucifixion.   Our prays thanked Heavenly Father for his perfect gift for us.   This is a difficult day for me, suffering on a cross must have been the most excruciating pain.  My heart aches thinking about it and tears fall easily.   It is also difficult for me to even watch movies that portray this event.  I thank my Heavenly Father for his blessings and pray I may be an example always for my children of following Jesus.

No comments: