About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, June 25, 2015

impetuousness

Yes, I have always known that I am impulsive, hasty, maybe even a bit careless.  If someone/anyone suggests that something might be marvelous, wonderful, valuable to you..then I’m all over it!

Hence – Rooibos Teas

Rooibos Tea


Mind you, my tea cabinet is overflowing with boxes and tins of tea so I can always find just the right herbal tea to fit whatever I might be needing at any given moment.

Stressed out – a cup of chamomile will calm me down.

Digestion, lower blood sugar and cardiovascular health – Chai Tea with each component…black tea, cinnamon, ginger, clove, cardamom and black pepper creates those powerful health benefits…and it is yummy!


Detox (Stomach Ache in my book) – Honey Lemon fits the bill.


Today a newcomer was added to the arsenal    Rooibos – also known as red or red bush tea.  Rooibos tea is native to the continent of African and is primarily grown in South Africa’s Western Cape.  The locals have traditionally used red tea for centuries, and the Dutch settlers used it as an alternative to expensive black tea.   It has a very earthy and slightly nutty flavor. And………while researching the tea I found this delightful claim! 

THE HUNGER HALTER 

Rooibos tea is made from the leaves of the “red bush” plant, grown exclusively in the small Cederberg region of South Africa, near Cape Town. What makes rooibos tea particularly good for your belly is a unique and powerful flavonoid called Aspalathin. Research shows this compound can reduce stress hormones that trigger hunger and fat storage and are linked to hypertension, metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Yup, sometimes the kettle can be as effective as the kettlebell.http://www.eatthis.com/5-best-teas-weight-loss

Concerns – if it is grown exclusively in South Africa…how am I going to come across this wonder of all wonders…Surprise surprise…it is Distributed by: Twinlab Corporation American Fork, Utah

WAHOO –  Brewed up a cup this afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised.   The deep red color and the sweetness were a hit with me!    So glad that I read about this from a new acquaintance Gabe Kapler http://kaplifestyle.com/?s=Rooibos

No comments: