About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another Bread Day

Garlic Parmesan Cheese Pull Apart Bread

At my house, nothing says I love you like homemade baked goods. When I was little, we had homemade baked goods daily.  My grandmother was a natural when it came to baking and as you read in my last post my mom continued the tradition and gave me that wonderful Kitchen Aid machine.  Well, today is another day and yes bread is on the menu.  

My friend Nancy was kind enough to share this wonderful recipe with me and I couldn’t wait for another day to make it.  She served it for a wonderful dinner on Friday night and can I just tell you that I think I ate more than my share of these wonderful little bites.  

Garlic-Parmesan Cheese Pull Apart Bread

16 frozen white dinner rolls (I used Rhodes Texas…had 8 left over and made those into regular rolls)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

2/3 plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese (divided)

1 tsp dry parsley flakes

1 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp dried basil/Italian seasoning

1/2 tsp onion powder

Allow rolls to sit on the counter (loosely covered with plastic) for 30-45 minutes or so, until the rolls have thawed enough to cut.  Cut each roll into quarters.

Melt butter in microwave. Stir the melted butter and seasonings together until blended.

Add the quartered rolls to the butter, and toss gently to coat.  Bread dough is sticky, so you may need to use your hands to gently pull the pieces apart if necessary.  Do not allow dough to form clumps.

Next, add 2/3 cup of grated Parmesan-Romano cheese reserving the rest for the top.  Toss until each piece is coated.

Allow to rise in a draft free, warm place for 2-2 1/2 hours.  Then, remove the plastic wrap, and place into a 350 degree preheated oven.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. check the top.  If baking in a loaf, you may need to lay a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the bread to prevent the cheese and butter on top from over browning while the inside of the loaf fully bakes.  Continue to bake the bread for another 5-7 minutes, until the center is completely done.  Approximately, 23-25 minutes total, depending on your oven.  Test the center of the rolls using a cake tester, or toothpick to be certain the bread is cooked all the way through before removing it from the oven.

Yield – one loaf

Can be baked in a round 9 inch spring form or pie pan.  Follow the same preparation method and bake for around 22-24 minutes until golden and cooked through.

No comments: