About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thank You to All My Cyber Friends…..

 

I totally borrowed this from my dear friend Jaydee at http://lifeinthelostworld.blogspot.com/.   Blogging has enriched my life in so many ways, friends and relatives near and far being right at the top of the list.   Enjoy Jaydee’s post and I so hope that like she has suggested…. if I can only do 5 of the things on the list….I will be much better off in 2011.

out with the old and in with the new....

Dr. Frank Lipman has an awesome list of 22 new year's

resolutions on his blog:

  • More Real Food, Less ”Food-like Substances”
  • More Fruit and Vegetables, Less Sugar, Gluten and Dairy
  • More Organic, Less Chemicals
  • More Clean Products, Less Toxic Products
  • More Chewing, Less Eating
  • More Water, Less Alcohol
  • More Walking, Less Driving
  • More Exercising, Less Watching TV
  • More Music, Less Noise
  • More Recycling, Less Waste
  • More Outdoors, Less Indoors
  • More Sleep, Less Worry
  • More Slow, Less Hurry
  • More Smiles, Less Anger
  • More Love, Less Hatred
  • More Fun, Less Serious
  • More Letting Go, Less Holding On
  • More Being, Less Doing
  • More Presence, Less Absence
  • More Generosity, Less Greed
  • More Forgiving, Less Blaming
  • More Ubuntu, Less Me!


As Archbishop Desmond Tutu says:

“Ubuntu is about the essence of being human, it is part of the gift that Africa

will give the world. It embraces hospitality, caring about others,

being able to go the extra mile for the sake of others. We believe that

a person is a person through another person, that my humanity is caught up,

bound up, inextricably, with yours. When I dehumanize you, I inexorably

dehumanize myself. The solitary human being is a contradiction in terms

and therefore you seek to work for the common good because your humanity

comes into its own in belonging”.

Let 2011 be the year of UBUNTU

No comments: