About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 911




On the ninth anniversary of the horrific tragedy that occurred on September 11th, 2001 I believe it should be imperative that we all take pause and remember what happened on 9/11, to mourn those who were lost that day, and to reflect upon how the events of that day have forever changed our world.



Almost 3,000 people lost their lives that day, plus another 6,000 injured...make that "physically" injured...10,000's more family members and friends of the victims were forever injured on that day. So what do we do now?



Just remember 9/11 and once again all join together to overcome the evil of that day with love and kindness whenever and wherever we get the opportunity! This plate of cookie will be shared with friends and neighbors to remind our family that this verse from the bible truly shows us the way we should live. Romans 12:21 is a simple, powerful guide for anyone seeking to respond wisely to evil: "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."



How complicated is kindness? How many doors can it open? How many people can it "deflect" to magnify its impact? How many bridges can it build so people can find the ultimate kindness of Our Father in Heaven?
Let’s Scatter some sunshine today! As I walked outside this morning I remember the sky being as bright blue as it was that fateful morning 9 years ago today.

Our Favorite Banana Cookies may brighten someones day today…..a sweet friend brought these by during one of my difficult days! I think I ate everyone of them by myself. She was kind enough to share her recipe with me and it’s just another way to use up those ripe bananas. I think I buy bananas so I can throw them out at the end of the week when they turn brown!

Ingredients:

2/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar

2 eggs – room temperature

3 ripe bananas, mashed

2 1/2 cups flour

1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup oatmeal

1 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine all the wet ingredients, then add the dry ingredients. Mix well! Spoon cookie dough onto cookie sheet. bake at 350 degrees for 12 –15 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. Enjoy

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Thank you for brightening this somber day with such great words!

The banana cookie recipe sounds great..didja know you can peel and freeze those brown-ish bananas and use them in recipes later? Yep, you can!