About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Is..........

...a time of gratitude to God,
our Creator and Provider,
whose guidance and care
go before us...and whose love
is with us forever.

Thanksgiving is a time
to reflect on the changes,
to remember that we,
too, grow and change
from one season of life to another.

Thanksgiving is a time
of changing seasons,
when leaves turn golden in Autumn's wake
and apples are crisp
in the first chill breezes of fall.

Let us remember the true meaning
of Thanksgiving.
As we see the beauty
of Autumn, let us acknowledge
the many blessings
which are ours...
let us think of our families
and friends..and let us give thanks in our hearts.
~ Author Unknown ~
Let us also laugh........because laughter is.......
good for your heart,
"A merry heart doth good like a medicine,
but a broken spirit drieth the bones."
When we laugh, there is an actual chemical change in our bodies that helps to ease pain and release stress. Laughter is our coping mechanism for the normal stress of life.


This year we are spending Thanksgiving Day at home.....next year I hope to be driving up a very beautiful canyon, to a very beautiful cabin that I am so very blessed to be a part of.

Of course, if it looked like this today, there would be a bunch of family and friends sharing Thanksgiving Dinner. Because of our many blessings from our Heavenly Father, we all know that we will be sharing food and laughter there next year.
Happy Thanksgiving to my friends and family.
I love all of you dearly!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Nancy Mc said...

I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving. Thank you for blessing my life with your friendship.

jayedee said...

hope you had a lovely turkey day leann! i ate way too much and i'm still full this moring, but not so full that i didn't enjoy the cold stuffing i had for breakfast! lol

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

An amazingly beautiful post - and yes, we have sooo much to be thankful for - and I am especially glad I found your blog and you are now my "bloggin'bud"
:-)
Colleen