About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Forever Strong


Wondering where I have been and why I didn't know about this amazing "TEAM"....Highland Rugby????
They are the top high school rugby club in the nation.

With 17 national championships and a 367-9 record, the Highland Rugby Club of Salt Lake City, Utah should have been on my "I know about this......list!"
They’ve only lost nine games in the last 30 years!
That is some record!........So I go to see the movie and ........
there is some serious suffering on my part......I don't like to see people getting smashed, beat-up, or die! No the star doesn't die....but the cute ....oh I can't give it away!
However, I must say it is a movie that will be added to my collection, because the message is so valuable on so many levels. Filmed in SLC and based on a true story, "Forever Strong" highlights the journey of Coach Larry Gelwix (Gary Cole) and the brotherhood of his rugby team. The season gets a twist when Rick Penning (Sean Faris), the hot-headed star of a rival team, comes to town to serve a sentence for a DUI. Mentored by Coach Gelwix and his case worker Marcus (Sean Astin), Penning has a change of heart and focuses his efforts towards his new family.
There are a few unanswered questions .....how does a kid like Rick (from AZ end up at a detention center in SLC??) and how lucky is it that he gets to play for Highland High??? WHATEVER...... still loved the movie!

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I have heard a lot about this movie. (Bob Lonsberry talked about it, lots!) I think it is difficult to find good movies. I want to see it. I am glad you had fun.