About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ukulele

When I was 8 years old, my parents bought me a ukulele. Not the one with Tiny Tim's picture on it, but a very nice ukulele. I took private lessons for a couple of years. In 1960 I remember seeing Tiny Tim on the Tonight Show singing Tiptoe Through the Tulips. I thought he was a little crazy singing in his falsetto/vibrato voice, but he surely could play the ukulele.

My granddaughter now has a uke... I can't wait to help her learn to play. Tonight I spent several minutes trying to help her dad tune it over the phone. After several failed attempts he went to his piano and said it was at least an octave out of tune.

I'm sure Jason will be posting a You Tube as soon as she can strum a few cords.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that will be fun to share that with miss H.
I am in need of a tutorial on tagging. TTUS-talk to you SOON

jayedee said...

tag you're it. see my post "viral linking" for details! lol
love ya!