About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Book Club January 2008

This month for BC we read Vince Flynn "Protect and Defend".....One of these cutiest could easily be our hero Mitch Rapp. But before we get to hung up on him, we are all assured that he doesn't play by the rules....which means he probably wouldn't fit into any one of BC girls long range goals. Mitch Rapp is enlisted by CIA director Irene Kennedy to investigate the destruction of Iran's nuclear production facility. The usual intrigue ensues and Kennedy and Rapp end up traveling to Iran to defuse a geopolitical crisis. Kennedy is abducted, and in Rapp's tough guy manner, she is rescued. Rapp, as is usual, is willing to do anything to protect his country and those with whom his loyalties lie.

Books bring us together, but they certainly don't dominate the conversations. This little saying on Deb's family room wall could certainly be the motto of our group.

Debbie's house is always so warm and inviting, but last night with the snow coming down, we found ourselves cuddling up in warm blankets, hoping Winter has spent enough time with us this year.


We always have so much food to eat. This months menu was homemade chicken noodle soup, broccoli and cheese soup, homemade rolls, salad, and a yummy fluffy cherry salad. There are always plenty of candies and treat to enjoy and then comes the dessert.




BANANA CREAM PIE and BERRY CREAM PIE......Yummmmie!




Look how happy we are when we get together!
I LOVE BOOK CLUB.




1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I LOVE BC TOO! Today I am working on the 'flat stomach'. Though, do not think it will ever happen after 6 children. I am SO grateful for your getting BC started. I can not thank you enough. Like I always say....it is a highlight of each month. Thanks again for getting BC ctarted for our group.