About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Cranberry/Craisins Couscous

Ingredients:

1 12 oz. package couscous

1 14 oz. can vegetable broth

Pinch of salt

3 tablespoons walnut, almond or olive oil

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

3/4 cup dried cranberries/craisins

1/3 cup pine nuts

Directions:

Cook the couscous according to the package directions, using broth instead of water. Add a pinch of salt to the broth. While the couscous is cooking, roast the pine nuts in a very low (250° F) oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. When the couscous has finished cooking, drain any excess liquid. If more liquid is needed to cook the couscous, add water, a little at a time. Pour the couscous into a serving bowl. Add the oil and the lemon juice. Stir well to coat all the grains. Add the cranberries, and pine nuts. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately. I'm a couscous lover and this is an amazing combo of cranberry, pinenuts, and couscous! Enjoy

No comments: