About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, December 1, 2014

Incredibly Italian–Garlic Shrimp Appetizer

It has been way to long since I have made a visit to my blog…and I apologize to myself!   So much has happened over the last 3 months I have lots of catching up to do…which I promise myself I will get to. 

I made an incredible find while at my childhood home.  My father was a collector of many things….one thing I didn’t know he enjoyed collecting to cookbooks!    To my surprise I found a simple and yes Incredible Italian cookbook.   Just a little pamphlet with some really great recipes.   For several years we have been trying to find just the right Garlic Shrimp Appetizer and this book just happens to have one….so here it is with fanfare!

garlic shrimp appetizers

1/2 T chopped parsley

1/2 T red pepper flakes

1/3 C olive oil

2 T fresh lemon juice

2 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced

1 bay leaf

3/4 lb small to medium shrimp, shelled and deveined

In a large shallow skillet, over medium to high heat, cook the pepper, bay leaf and garlic in oil until garlic is golden.  Remove bay leaf.  Add shrimp and cook 3 – 4 minutes.  Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley.  Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

So glad you are back to your blog. Looks like a yummy appetizer.