About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, December 29, 2014

A Visitor I Don’t Often Invite

DSC_0281 
Here he/she comes……. A visitor who appears regularly whether invited or not. A visitor I truly want to come late and leave early. If this visitor stays until tax day you know what kind of mood I will be in………UGGGH  Yes, old man winter has arrived.
Winter is my least favorite season. Duh…how do you play baseball with snow covering the field? 
I am hopelessly in love with summer, and have fallen out of love with old man winter some time ago. I find him cold and somewhat harsh. Being grumpy all winter because it isn’t summer is silly, right?  I need to find the good qualities of winter and celebrate those, be grateful for each season as it comes. The seasons will change every year whether I like it or not.
I have decided I will not complain about winter this year…don’t get me wrong….I want to…but there are so many things that I need to be grateful for that I will do my very best to find something to be each day to bring happiness into our lives. 
So here is the list I have started about ways to be grateful for this cold, harsh season!
My Winter Gratitude List #1
I am grateful for:
1.  Snow looks beautiful covering the bushes and trees….the streets not so much!
2.  Winter clothing covers body parts with style…. sweaters are the sartorial embodiment of coziness, warmth, and safety.
3.  Warm and cozy fire in the family room is so inviting.
4.  Blankets….let me just say…My home will never be without warm blankets!  I love that a warm blanket is right now swaddling my new grandson, and my daughter cuddling with her boy!
William McKay ThompsonDSC_0283
5.  With winter a new year comes….Welcoming 2015 will be a blessing to all of us!
6.  Grace - Those moments when one more step feels impossible, when the world seems its absolute evil-worst, grace comes in the form of surprise blessings, answers to my prayers, bringing a sudden wash of gratitude, strength, or peace. Grace makes it all doable. It keeps us breathing when life gets airless. Soft when all feels hard. Gentle in harshness.
7,  Quiet…winter brings silence…a place where we can unfold and listen to our deepest intuitions and hear the wise whispers of our Father in Heaven.   Shh Be Still.
8. Hibernation…better known as Sleep, sweet sleep.  During the summer I never get enough of it.   Now I will get plenty to make me strong and effective during the day.  It feels so good to really really sleep!
9. Water….a very good reason to be grateful for winter.  Yes water, let me count the many ways:  you flow, cleanse, pitter, patter, drip, drop, cascade, gush, flush, rinse, flood, refresh, envelop, and allow life! 
10. Family – Without them life would be meaningless…to each of them I am their biggest fan…and will be there for them and pray I never let them down.
Gratitude, that very specific feeling of thankfulness in your heart, allows you to see and absorb all you have, forgetting for a moment all you may lack. It connects your brain with your heart, and gives you the ground to be more giving, effective, loving human.
 All Seasons Quote

Perhaps it won’t be as hard as I think………..














1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Love this post. So many, many things to be grateful for...Love the picture of the darling new grandson and K and mommy!