About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Reindeer Poop

photo 1 (2)

photo 2 (2)

We were awakened when we heard Santa call,
Dash away, Dash away, Dash away all.”
But soon we discovered, out on our lawn,
Santa and his reindeer were all gone.
With our little shovel we started to scoop,
All of the droppings … “YUCK”, reindeer poop!
But then we so generously filled up your sack.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your snack!!!”

 

1 (8 ounce) bag puff corn
1 cup butter (do not substitute)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

Place puff corn in a large roaster pan.

In 2 quart sauce pan bring the butter, sugar & corn syrup to bring to boil, then cook for 2 minutes.   I cook this until 310 degrees about 5 minutes.

Add the baking soda- this will cause the caramel mixture to foam up.

Stir well and remove from heat.

Pour over puff corn in roaster and bake in 250* oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.

Remove from oven, spread out onto wax paper to cool.

No comments: