About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sweet J’s Smokehouse Chili

Okay,, so we aren’t having a Halloween Bash this year and I’m sad sad sad!   I miss the fun of everyone getting together.  We have all gone in so many directions that it just doesn’t happen like it used to!  So today while I was feeling down in the dumps….I decided I needed to make a pot of chili, and bring back a few pictures from the very first time we got together for Halloween!   My chili isn’t nearly as delicious as J’s but I gave it a shot!   I put his recipe at the end of this post so that I don’t have to search high and low for it next time I’m brave enough to ask him to make it again!   He can’t say, “I don’t have the recipe any more!”clip_image002 clip_image004

Halloween Bash

1 bunch celery

1 large yellow onion

1 head of garlic

2 TB olive oil

1 large can of baked beans

2 large cans of chili beans in sauce

1 small can of white beans

1 large can stewed tomatoes

1 large can tomato paste

1 pork shoulder

1 lb beef stew meat

1 bunch cilantro

1 TB chili seasoning

2 green bell peppers

1 red bell pepper

1 pablano pepper

Tabasco Chipotle sauce to taste

Preheat olive oil in large stock pan. Add celery, onion and garlic and cook until onion in translucent – 8-10 minutes.

Add green, red and pablano pepper and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add baked beans, chili beans, tomatoes and tomato paste.

To prepare meat:

Smoke stew meat for 1 hour and add to chili mix.

Smoke pork shoulder for 8-10 hours until the meat falls off the bone. Shred pork and add to chili mixture.

Let chili mix simmer on very low heat for 4 hours. An hour before serving, add cilantro and chipotle sauce.

clip_image006 clip_image008

No comments: