About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, August 11, 2009






Oatmeal Breakfast Cereal


Recipe Makes 1 serving


When I eat Oatmeal Breakfast Cereal, I don’t get hungry mid-morning, and I have plenty of fuel for my new workout program, plus I have enough energy to chase after my grand kids (when their here).....but then I don't have time for the workout program!


Quaker Oatmeal has been clinically proven to be an important source of whole grains and fiber which contributes to heart health. I like that Quaker Oatmeal does not contain fillers and preservatives. The unflavored oats are pure unadulterated oats. This is definitely a healthy food stable that can only benefit anyone’s diet. The nutritional facts gave it an "A"


Ingredients:
1/3 c dry oatmeal unprepared
1/4 c frozen blueberries
1/4 c pecans
1/2 medium apple, sliced, no skin
1/2 T honey
1/2 c skim milk

Directions:
Mix everything together and enjoy

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size 265.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 317
Calories from Fat 178


% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19.8g

Saturated Fat 1.8g

Cholesterol 3mg

Sodium 53mg

Total Carbohydrates 33.3g

Dietary Fiber 5.1g

Sugars 26.7g

Protein 7.1g

Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 18%
Iron 5%


Love the new website that BFF gave me that will calculate all this information for you ~ with your very own recipe! http://caloriecount.about.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to try it soon. I am needing some energy to do the things on my list.