About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, August 14, 2009

Dolphins???? No Sharks Baby!

Mesmerized....I love it when you look at me!

My girl has been fascinated with sharks for a very long time......She has always had a dream of being able to swim with them somehow, someday! Her dream came true this week when she had the opportunity to visit Las Vegas. Well, at least she was able to slide down a plastic tube that cuts right through a shark tank…which is close enough! How cool is that!

Check it out.....there is a 200,000-gallon aquarium and all of it's colorful reef habitat at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. Inside it dwells the oceans most feared residents of the deep, sand tiger sharks, brown sharks, Pacific black tip sharks, nurse sharks, and a zebra shark, as well as Southern stingrays and a many other large fish, coming at your from every directions....
is that omnidirectional?

Ali being a bit on the adventurous side took a ride down the Shark Chute — a three-story water slide that descends through the center of the aquarium, protected from the sharks and stingrays by four inches (not enough for me) of sturdy acrylic. Her friend waiting at the top of the tube said when Ali screamed she wasn't all that excited about putting herself through this adventure. The screaming was because while riding down the tube the sharks are literally nose to nose with you!

I know the real tough guys/gals actually get up close and personal with these creatures......
but as a mom I'm thankful and excited that she was finally able to do this
"Cautious Shark Swimming"

4 comments:

Annette and Scott said...

What a cool experience!! I'm glad she did it the "safe" way though!

Anonymous said...

This is so really cool!!!

BPOTW said...

Wow! That looks like a really great thing to do!!

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Oh man, reading that my heart pounded harder and harder. Not anything that I would want to do. It is nice that she was able to do it though. (Anything can happen in Vegas.)