About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hmmm...a ballplayer?? No 2 ballplayers!

Those of you who know me well will remember me saying...."No ballplayers this summer!" It worked for almost half of the season. I can't remember now where I was or what I was doing when DH called to tell me ...."We have to take a player home for a few days, because they just don't have enough host families." Right...we now have 2 great guys living with us for the remainder of the season. August brings lots of road trips 18 days of it actually, so it really won't be all that much work...for DH! Those of you who know him well, will remember him saying...."I'll be a great dad!" Hmmm...how many of you actually believe him?
This is Matt Smith. He is a pitcher from Wichita State. Matt has a twin sister that he thinks is pretty awesome. While Matt was in high school he lettered all four years in baseball and three years in basketball...In baseball, he was named all-city honorable mention. In his senior year he pitched a perfect game against West High with 11 strikeouts. He majored in sociology at Wichita State. We're glad he asked to come join our family for the second half of the season.

This is Cole St.Clair who is from Newport Beach, Calif. His father played basketball at Southern California and his mother helped organize and competed on the first crew team at UCLA. His sister, Olivia, was on the crew teams at UC-Irvine and Texas. His other sister, Elise, was on the sailing team at Hawaii. Cole graduated from Rice with a degree in Economics.

So saying "No" doesn't seem to work for me very well. Now I'm back in the swing and when the 2 boys both pitched in last nights game one of the fans asked what was in my bottled water..... I said, "Mother juice"..... I take games a little to personally! Gotta love baseball.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I am not surprised. And knew that DH would be a great dad-by letting you do most of the work. I am glad that you are into this baseball stuff. My family has sure benefited. And loved it!