About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Greats from 68

1968……Some people enjoy a stroll down Memory Lane. I find Memory Lane a bit of frightening place, filled with a few embarrassing mistakes, a few missed opportunities, a few forks in the road of life chosen for the wrong reasons if for any reason at all. Since high school my life has been filled with baseball so the quote from Yogi Berra has some relevancy “If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” On occasions I have followed Yogi’s advice with many enjoyable experiences that have followed. Here are a few memories from Saturday, July 26, 2008! Did we ever think we would be this old?
Duane Dudley and Craig Larsen ....talking about WojaWoda Days....great warriors...that is what the word means!
Sam Gardner and Craig Swenson having a good laugh.
Lynn Leifson still smiling after all these years.
Karla asking Don....how many kids?????
Here we are as the late great of 68!


So the reunion is over now - it was quite brief - and we all will go back to our routines. But I am different now. I had a wake up call from this past weekend, and I am going to re-prioritize some of my goals. Time increases in value as we age, so we have less of it to waste now. Yet we've always had the same amount since the day we were born. It gets perplexing how time seems to be so slow when you are young, and then moves so fast once you hit 50 really approaching 60.

So, we smiled to see each other alive (not all of us have made it) and looking as good as we did and chatted about things that were no longer relevant to any of us before they vanished from memory altogether.

I honestly wish the best that life has to offer for all those people in my graduating class that I spoke with this weekend. You all know who you are. If I am blessed enough to hang on to life for another ten years, I will be at the 50 year reunion. Maybe it'll have something to teach me too.
As wonderful as it was to spend that time in the “Past”, we have all moved on, and grown up or should I say at least tried to grow up. I enjoyed the reunion—but—reality show comes early with the dawning of a new day and we all must return…so it’s back to work for another year....then I too can say "I'm retired"...and sleeping in!

No comments: