About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, July 15, 2022

Party Chicken

I’m sure most everyone has had the classic “Company Chicken” recipe that calls for lining the baking dish with chipped beef, right? Well, when I  started making that recipe only to find at the last minute that I had no chipped beef on hand.  So off to the store and I decided to use sliced roast beef instead!  Loved the difference! In this simple recipe chicken thighs are baked in a casserole with bacon, roast beef, and creamy sour cream/soup sauce.   It is perfect for a busy day and keeps well if you want some leftovers.  


A dish as hearty as this needs little else to make it great, but hot cooked rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes work well and soak up the flavorful juices.  On the side, I loved to serve up Peanut Cucumber Salad and some steamed broccoli.  


 



Party Chicken 

8 boneless chicken thighs 

8 slices roast beef - chopped

8 strips of bacon

16 oz. sour cream

1 can cream of chicken/ 1 can cream of mushroom

Lightly grease 9×13 glass casserole dish and line with chopped beef.

Wrap bacon around the chicken and lay them on top of the beef

Mix sour cream and soups together.
Pour over chicken

Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender.

The sauce thins as it cooks but you can also add water to create a thinner sauce.

No comments: