About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Fresh Summer Salsa - Oh We Miss You Grandpa Buffo


 Woo-hoo! I don’t know about your family but salsa is a staple in our family!  Grandpa had a garden that was the envy of the town.    We are trying our best to keep the tradition going.  

Salsa tastes amazing on everything or simply by itself. There is no shame in standing in front of the fridge with the doors open and sneaking a spoonful of salsa.  Salsa is like a magic potion that can transform the worst dishes into something spectacular. So let's get right to Grandpa Buffo's recipe!

4-5 medium ripe tomatoes, diced

1 medium onion, diced - I like red but whatever you have on hand works!

1 green pepper, diced

1/4 cup parsley, chopped 

1 clove of garlic, minced 

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/8 teaspoon ground cumin

1 squeeze of lime

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate.

Ripe tomatoes are absolutely key to making this garden fresh salsa.  Roma tomatoes are a very good choice since they are less watery.  Core the tomatoes and remove the seeds before chopping.  Use every last bit of the red tomato flesh inside!   

Voila!  



No comments: