About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, June 18, 2018

15 Days Becomes 30 Days….

house framed in

Today I need to put the stress of house building into perspective. It's sticks and bricks not life and death….but it is definitely causing sleepless nights and we are not even in Seattle!

So when the contractor tells us how long each phase will take, smile and tell yourself he's lying. He's not really lying, but he won't be able to bring the project in on time, either. There are many variables to coordinate in building a house, and I could tell this morning that he was not happy about us bringing in several of our own sub-contractors  Each one represents an opportunity for delays right???   Framers said 15 days…it has been 30!   Granted we asked them to change a couple of things, like the stairs to the bonus room sticking out 6 inches in our 4 ft. wide hallway was not something we could live with!  TRIP HAZZARD.

Let’s look for the light.  I’ll look at it like there is light at the end of the tunnel….that building just can’t go on forever.  Eventually, the house will be done and the contractors will go away.   OVERWHELMED …because then I need to pack up the home we are living in!   I’m smiling!

No comments: