About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

French Drains

Tomorrows project….gravel for french drains

  • Excavating 8” below top of foundation footing allows clearance for applying a 4” gravel bed layer and positioning the 4” diameter french drain level with top of footing.
  • Additional gravel is applied 6” above top of french drain filtering the below grade ground water prior to percolating into french drains perforations.
  • French drain perforations “weep holes” are positioned downward in gravel bed allowing water percolation into perforations.
  • Reducing the volume of standing water at base of footing prevents hydrostatic pressure and water migration under footing and slab locations.


No comments: