About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chicken Taco Casserole

image

12 corn tortillas 1 onion chopped and sauted
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 can Rotel, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
½ packet taco seasoning
3 cup cooked, chopped chicken
2 cups Mexican blend cheese

· Top with 1/2cup cherry tomatoes, chopped

· An avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped

· Fresh cilantro leaves

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken soup, sour cream, Rotel, black beans, taco seasoning and chicken. Set aside. Chop and sauté onion, combine into the chicken mixture.
Tear 6 corn tortillas and put them in the bottom of the pan.  Spread half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas.  Top with 1 cup of cheese.  Repeat layers.
Bake 30 minutes, until bubbly and cheese is starting to brown.

Top with toppings as desired

No comments: