About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Verse 12 - Living with Inner Conviction



From a very early age, the world of “Things” has tried to tell us to believe and trust only in our senses. You must believe only what we see, hear, feel, taste, touch...... that is what is real. The Tao however is teaching us to trust our inner knowing, our feelings, and our connection to Source.
After watching a season of the new show Hoarders, I am convinced that I will benefit if I find a way to simplify my life, reduce those possessions, emptying my fridge, cupboards, and closets of all the nonessentials that I tend to buy…..which is definitely where I am very wasteful!
Thinking about all that someone else has only clutters our minds. Just the other day I read from a study that each day we think about 60,000 thoughts and that around 90% of those thoughts are actually the very same thoughts that we had yesterday.
Do we get caught up in unproductive and uselessness to often? Do we get caught up in trying to emulate the lives of the rich and famous? Do we lay awake at night thinking about “THINGS” we don’t have that we “THINK” we need?

Next time I have a choice to make, I promise to sit quietly and listen to what my inner nature knows to be true. I have heard it many times and ignored it. Today I will listen!

No comments: