About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tasty Tuesday



Green Chili Stuffed Chicken

Green Chili-Stuffed Chicken Breasts - Crockpot Style


Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts -- pounded thin
3 ounces cream cheese

1 tomatillo
1 can (4 oz size) chopped green chilies

1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup green enchilada sauce

Directions:

In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, tomatillo, green chilies, and chili powder.

Place a generous dollop on each flattened chicken breast, then roll up.

Place chicken in Crockpot, seam side down. I used toothpicks to hold the breasts together.

Top chicken breast rolls with remaining cheese mixture, soup and enchilada sauce.

Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours

This recipe is everywhere on the internet and you can change up the ingredients as I have done to fit your tastes. I added a tomatillo because I have them growing in my garden and wanted to try them in a recipe.

Everyone loved, really loved, this dinner. We served it with homemade enchiladas that Ali brought home from a co-worker. They were authentic enchiladas and I so hope that David’s wife will share the recipe with us soon. Yummy! Thank you so much David.

We ended the dinner with another attempt at rice pudding…… never give up until you find the perfect recipe……..Our Motto……and we think this is the one!



Rice pudding again



Rice Pudding



3 cups cooked rice

1/2 cup raisins

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

French Vanilla Pudding – made from scratch!

Cooking Rice…..you know how to do that but just in case DH wants to give this a try I’m putting the instructions here for him……REALLY?

3 cups water

1 1/2 cups long grain rice

1/2 teaspoon butter

Pour water into sauce pan. Stir in rice, butter, and raisins. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to low and let cook until rice can be fluffed with a fork, about 17-20 minutes.

**French Vanilla Pudding

2/3 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons flour

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1 2/3 cups evaporated milk…1 can

1 1/3 cups milk

1 egg yolk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in large saucepan. Gradually stir in milks. Over medium heat, bring to boil, stirring constantly. Let boil one minute. Beat egg yolk in small bowl and stir in a small amount of hot mixture. Pour into pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cooked raisins and rice mixture.

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You know what you are right? An "enabler"! You make ME want to cook!

And remember, I don't cook..I CAN cook, but I choose not to (that's my story anyway..)but this looks and sounds amazing!

Thanks for sharing..Mmmmmmm..stomach is now WIDE awake, thankyouverymuch..