About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Breakfasts

Breakfast Sausage EnchiladasIngredients:
2 lb browned breakfast sausage

1/2 cup green onions chopped

1/2 cup green peppers chopped

2 1/2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese

(There will be left over sausage mixture. I use it the next night on baked potatoes.)

10 flour tortillas

4 eggs beaten

2 cups half and half

1 tablespoon flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

4 drops Tabasco sauce

Sour Cream ~ Salsa ~Guacamole
Directions:Cook sausage. Add green onions, green peppers and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Divide into tortillas and roll then place seam sides down in greased rectangular baking dish. Combine beaten eggs, half and half, flour. salt, garlic powder and Tabasco.

Pour egg mixture over tortillas then cover with foil.


Refrigerate overnight.

Bring out of fridge 30 minutes before you start to cook.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (I bake mine in a roaster oven)Remove foil during the last 10 minutes of baking. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole

Here is our breakfast buffet, with fruit, drinks and Peach Pancake Breakfast! It was delicious. There were no left overs this morning. We have decided to try this recipe with Mango, adding a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter.

Peach Pancake Breakfast

Make Bisquick batter with 2 1/2 cups pancake mix, using only 1 cup of milk. Pour into greased 9 X 13 cake pan.

Drain 1 (16 oz) can sliced/diced peaches; arrange peaches on top of pancake batter.

Cook link sausages cut into bite size pieces; arrange on top of batter with peaches.

Bake 30 – 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

SYRUP:

1 c. peach juice
½ c. sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons butter
¾ c maple flavored syrup

Mix together peach juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook until clear and thickened (stirring constantly). Add 2 tablespoons butter and ¾ c maple syrup.

Serve syrup warm.




4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

yep! looks so yummy. Tell DH that you really do want to have a bed & breakfast.

jayedee said...

be still my heart! does this all look yummy or what????? we have afternoon church this year so i may just try your menu next sunday! what a treat for my family!

Anonymous said...

yes and hire me as the executive chef, I'm willing to lower my asking price to 100k per year plus lodging.

Nancy Mc said...

Tag you are it. Go to my blog, copy, etc.
Can you afford SweetJ at 100K?
Or how can you not afford SweetJ at only 100K?