About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, June 23, 2007

"What Are You Reading?"


High atop a snow-covered hill, the stately old Wyatt mansion is perched like a crown, its stone spires pointing upward, its stained glass windows glowing like colorful jewels. Such opulence means success and, surely, happiness. But on the eve of wealthy philanthropist Cecil Wyatt’s eightieth birthday, all the money in the world won’t bring back his missing grandson, William Wyatt. The only thing for certain: Foul play was involved.
WHAT THAT'S NOT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS READING???? Of course not! Book club for June 2007 was Every Breath You Take by author and true crime writer Ann Rule. Since I didn't read the book, I was able to listen, for once (but not for to long) to everyone's opinion on the book. Conclusion: not sure another true crime book will be on our list. We really are a group of Pansy Wansies....... we don't want to call Book Club anything other than BOOK CLUB!
Okay ladies, let's try this adventure it sounds kind of fun..... here are the rules - NO CHANGES
1. Grab the book closest to you - don't go searching for your favorite or anything else...
2. Open it to page 212. Isn't that boiling point? lol
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to the comments options on this blog.
5. GO DO IT!
Here is mine:
"I like romances," she said, "and mysteries," She added wistfully, "I wish I could go someplace. I get so bored!"
from The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, took me several tries. 1st book, page 212-blank (THE RED TENT), second ends before page 212(HEART BEAT AWAY) Here it is--"He continued feeding in the liquid oxygen. At shoulder height, just to his right, was a hose pumping down normal air to prevent him from becoming giddy with oxygen." From the English Patient, by Michael Ondaatje
I am looking for some giddiness, and enjoyed Book Club (RR)very much!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Hmm --at the dentist with laughing gas might be a place to find that giddiness...or not!

Anonymous said...

Noah noted that she took the question very seriously, sighed, and then somberly nodded. "it's one of my many faults."

Night Whispers, Judith McNaught
Lisa :)

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Thanks Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

"The razor slipped, and he swore as he grabbed for a tissue."
Every Breath You Take-Mc Naught.
Am glad that I am finishing this book. Wonder where my _______ is?