About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Memories of Younger Years - Mom's Sloppy Joes


 Yesterday K2 came home from school telling me about how great school lunch was.  Sloppy Joe's....with a huge smile on her face.  So I told her, "You know what they are one of my favorites because Grandma Buffo always made them when I had sleepovers with my friends.  

So today I made a batch from her recipe:

Ingredients:

1 onion finely minced and sauteed

2 T butter

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef

1 can tomato sauce

1/2 cup ketchup

1 T Worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 bay leaf

Directions:

Sautee minced onion in butter, set aside

Brown ground beef and return sauteed onion to the pan.  Mix in tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.  Bring to a simmer and add bay leaf.   Let simmer until ready to serve.  I usually put it in the crockpot on warm and let it keep all day until the littles come home!



No comments: