About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Skillet Lasagna

 

Are you ready for dinner?   This week I started craving something warm and homey and HOT.  With cheese. Problem was… I still didn’t want to stand over the stove all day when it came time for dinner to begin.   I just want to take naps, watch some basketball and enjoy the warm cozy fireplace.  It’s winter and I think I should hibernate. SO here is what we came up with to warm our tummies tonight.  Quick, easy, and delish!!!P1110033

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 pound bowtie pasta
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 onion 
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) crushed tomatoes
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh flat parsley
  • 1 large ball fresh mozzarella
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saute pan (that is oven proof) heat the olive oil over medium-high hear. Cook sausage until brown.
  2. Add the pepper and onions, cook for a few minutes until they get soft.
  3. Add the oregano and garlic. Cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Add some basil and parsley. I reserve a little for garnish.
  5. Toss in the bowtie pasta.
  6. Add dollops of ricotta cheese.
  7. Layer the mozzarella cheese over the pasta.
  8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  9. Put the skillet into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey. Garnish with the remaining basil and parsley.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Are you cooking up a storm today or what? Please leave your warm cozy fire and bring me a serving on Sunday pot roast AND skillet lasagna (GF style)...PLEASE?