Are you ready for dinner? This week I started craving something warm and homey and HOT. With cheese. Problem was… I still didn’t want to stand over the stove all day when it came time for dinner to begin. I just want to take naps, watch some basketball and enjoy the warm cozy fireplace. It’s winter and I think I should hibernate. SO here is what we came up with to warm our tummies tonight. Quick, easy, and delish!!!
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh flat parsley
- 1 large ball fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saute pan (that is oven proof) heat the olive oil over medium-high hear. Cook sausage until brown.
- Add the pepper and onions, cook for a few minutes until they get soft.
- Add the oregano and garlic. Cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Add some basil and parsley. I reserve a little for garnish.
- Toss in the bowtie pasta.
- Add dollops of ricotta cheese.
- Layer the mozzarella cheese over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Put the skillet into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey. Garnish with the remaining basil and parsley.