About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

Yes, It’s Mother’s Day.  It's a day for celebrating and honoring moms everywhere, but particularly my own mom.

Have you thanked your mom for all that she is and everything she does?

I hope you don't mind, but in honor of Mother's Day, I really wanted to take the opportunity to pay tribute to my mom, who has always been Super Mom to me.

In the last year, I've learned more than ever just how hard it is to be a grand mom. The saying "A mothers' work is never done" is really so true, isn't it?

I mean, I gripe and complain about my how much work it is and I'm a stay-at-home grand mom, but I must give thanks to my own mom for showing me the way in all the goodness of life.

So thank you Mom:

for all the times you've said "I love you" over and over and over again… Not once in my life have I ever doubted your love for me. Those words are always like home-sweet-home to my ears and to my heart. 

for the clean and comfortable home you provided… our home was always clean and usually had a very comforting smell of fresh baked goodies.  You taught through your own example what it takes to clean a home, make it comfortable for the family, and live a life completely within your means. You were never materialistic and always made the best of every situation. I always remember thinking we had the best house in the neighborhood. And every time I think about sending you flowers, I think of how you would remind me that they wither and die…so here is a picture to remind you that I think of sending you flowers on many occasions.P1080722

for the fresh, home cooked, healthy meals… Many of which came right out of that beautiful garden that Dad had in the very back of the yard.  I remember so many evening dinner where we all sat down at the kitchen table, spaghetti, roasts, corn beef on toast, the list of yummy things goes on and I.   I attribute all my cooking skills to the well prepared meals that I grew up with. 

for being the model of a hard-working woman who would do anything for her family… I know you worked full-time outside of our home because you wanted to help share in the responsibilities of keeping our family well provided for. I'm glad you set the example of what it means to work hard, because I learned from that and have carried it over into my own life, and my own children have learned the lesson well, both of them working from the time they were 16 years old.

for your listening ear… You've laughed with me and cried with me. You've heard about my successes and my failures. You've offered wisdom when it was necessary and remained silent when advice wasn't what I needed. You know exactly how to pick me up from my boot straps and remind me to stand strong.

for being an amazing grandmother to my children –and grand children…  you were the best grandmother ever to Jason and Ali. I’m especially grateful for the years you spent training and nurturing both of them. Your love is known and felt by all three of those little great grandchildren as well. I know they love dropping by to see you and play in all those treasures they find throughout the house.

and for so much more…

I love you mom. I appreciate you in every way, in all you've done. Thanks for being my SuperMom.

mom

No comments: