About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crab Apple in Snow


The Crab Apple Tree.......used for ammo by the kids when they were young(and boy did they ever hurt), the birds love them all summer long, and Gary the Gardner absolutely hates them! This morning as I looked out the bedroom window I saw this beautiful blue sky, fresh fallen snow, and yes a cluster of bright red fruit amongst the snow...little crab apples hanging on for dear life.
In the spring the blossoms are delightful. Not many tree offer such a spectacular spring flower. I love the beautiful dark candy pink blossoms with their glittery rhinestone centers, but we can't eat them because ours is an Ornament Crab Apple. This quote from Bill Meyer sums up the sentiments of our tree..."If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious!"
Even though Crab Apples get a bad rap by some because of the soured fruit that dots the lawn....
I love the tree, the kids and grand kids have loved the tree....sorry Gary, we are not chopping down the tree!

No comments: