About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 in a Better Way

It’s the first Monday of a New Year and I’m sitting here by the cozy fireplace grateful that we have had a beautiful and safe Holiday season.  I have much to be thankful for and today it seems so fitting to look ahead to the New Year with renewed hope.

There is always so much hope about looking ahead, and it’s exciting to think that in 365 days I will be able to learn much, create something new, grow another year older…and become!  It is not about making resolutions…because I never keep them…it is more about continuing on my journey hopefully in a productive and better way.

This year I have decided to choose just one word to carry with me through the year.  So this year I want to learn to stop taking myself too seriously.  I want to be the senior adult that I am with a child-like freshness and enthusiasm.  I want to bring out the me that I often hid from others….so this year my word is going to be FUN.

Fun, as in this year I will do things that make me smile, bring joy to those around me, and add pleasure to my life….here’s my list of get started girl:

get up early just to watch a beautiful sunrise;

try a new recipe once a week…maybe more

walk the trail as often as I can

read at least 1 book each month

bake more rolls and bread

explore the place around me

plant another garden and enjoy parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme

listen to music every day

order Bountiful Baskets as often as we need them.

Last but not least  ~ I promise not to take myself too seriously.  I will be fun, have fun, and experience fun…..

SERIOUSLY..I WILLimg_1934

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Love this post. Made me think...I too, am going to work more on what's on the inside, and care not so much about the outside.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

LOVE your hair dark! Sooo pretty! Now I need to play "catch up" with your 2010 recap :-)