About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, October 2, 2010

October Brings ~ Pumpkins

October brings shorter days and a chill to the air along with the final harvest in our backyard.  Out of that final harvest comes an item I look forward to every year with great anticipation: pumpkins! Yes, pumpkins and winter squashes have arrived and Halloween is not far behind. 

Every year our family gears up for the one day we get to practice our hand at a fleeting but wonderful art form – Halloween pumpkin carving!  This year will be much different……half of us will be missing…..but the fun will go forward! 

This morning I started the Pumpkin Season with pumpkin pancakes for breakfast….they were so yummooo!   Lucky girl that I am, last year I purchased 3 large cans of pumpkin…because remember there was this big threat…………….NO PUMPKIN in any grocery store.   I hear the same threat is with us again this year….so if I find a few stray cans, I’ll be swooping them into my shopping cart…………just in case there are no more PUMPKINS!!!!!

pumpkin pancake breakfast

 

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups Pancake Mix

3 Tbs. brown sugar

2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 egg

1 3/4 cup half and half

2 Tbs. vegetable oil

2 Tbs. vinegar

1 cup pumpkin puree

Mix the dry ingredients together.   In a blender mix all the wet ingredients…this helps keep the pancakes light and gives the flavor of pumpkin a burst! 

They were fantastic if I do say so myself!   

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I am happy to hear that the fun will continue:)