About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ideal Cafe

 

sentimental_sunday[1] Ideal

One of my earliest childhood memories is going out to dinner at an old fashion diner called the “Ideal Café”. I remember driving up to the place and then walking hand-in-hand with my mom and dad into the café, which was on main street those many years ago.  I felt very fortunate today to have found a picture from Google Image search of the place.  What a memory!

The old fashion diner was the best around. Gisela, our waitress, always greeted us with her happy step and cute accent inviting us to make ourselves feel right at home. She was always ready with a friendly smile and big hello whenever we walked in. Of course our order was easy…..we loved the “Hot Roast Beef Sandwich”.  I can duplicate the meal today, but I sure to miss the times when someone fixed everything up and brought it to me!

roastbeefsandwich

There is something to be said for the small town feel, the mom and pop shops, the diners, and the safe neighborhoods. Gotta love that small town charm and the Good Old Days. Those memories have made a lasting impression on me, I still love to go out to dinner. 

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You're right - that good old fashioned good cookin' and freidnly service is a great memory and I'm so glad you found the postcard image!What sweet memories of your Mom & Dad too :-)